Today at the conference I did the following things right:
- Ordered room service for breakfast so I could control what my food would be.
- Picked up a banana for a snack with my mid-morning coffee.
- Passed on the cheesecake served with lunch (Honestly, who needs a dessert with lunch??). Only ate half of the lunch lasagna I was served.
- Ate an apple with my mid-afternoon coffee, bypassing the enormous, deliciously-fragrant cookies on offer next to the coffee.
- Ate a kale salad and 1/4 of a chicken sandwich for dinner. No alcohol with dinner today, either.
- Ran intervals on the treadmill at the gym for 25 minutes. Ran the high-intensity intervals so hard that I could not have possibly done another when I was done.
I still have an orange in my conference-swag bag in case I get hungry later, plus I already put in my order for my oatmeal and coffee room-service breakfast for tomorrow. I’d call today a win on the weight-management-while-traveling-for-business front.