Today did not go perfectly as planned, I ended up needing to go into work at the last minute (I usually work at home on Fridays) and I didn’t have a lunch packed.
So here’s what I did right today:
- Nice supportive breakfast (hot cereal with raspberries)
- Nice, supportive snacks (a peach and a banana)
- Enjoyed my restaurant choices immensely (post on restaurant choices coming up soon)
- Went for a 45-minute walk in the evening (to a local market)
- Healthy supportive dinner (salad with shrimp picked up at local market)
Look at that – even though lunch was significantly more calories than I would have wanted and today was by NO means a “perfect” day for weight management, I still did at least 4 things right!
The really important thing I’ve learned over the years is that one blowout meal does not mean the rest of the day is shot for weight management. As one of my mentors told me once years ago, “If you get one flat tire you don’t get out and stick a knife in the other three.”